Pursuing Mrs. Regrets - Ch. 22.3

Royal waited until the show was over before making his presence known to Delia. She seemed surprised, no, shocked to see him.

“H…how long have you been here?” Delia stammered out.

“Since the beginning. Layla and I signed up for this class,” Royal replied, deeming Delia even more beautiful up close. Oh, how he missed gazing upon her lovely features.

“Dr. Pacard is here, too?” Delia began to peruse the room in search of her doctor.

“She was here. She got called away during your performance. Because I lent her my car to go to the hospital, I was hoping I could get a ride home from you,” Royal replied.

Delia’s gaze snapped back to his. Her voice lowered. “Royal, I don’t think—”

“Delia, darling, everyone says we did fabulous tonight and I agree,” said her animated dance partner, interrupting what she was about to say. “You can be my partner any time,” Eriel added, clearly proud of their performance, as well.

“Thanks, Eriel,” Delia replied, giving him a chaste hug.

“Whose your friend here?” Eriel turned to look Royal up and down with open interest, confirming his sexuality once and for all.

“This is Dr. Royal Seeger. He delivered my last child,” Delia replied. “Dr. Seeger, this is Eriel Verge.”

“Nice to meet you, doctor,” Eriel said, extending a hand his way.

“Good to meet you, too,” Royal replied, courteously shaking the man’s hand and releasing it.

“Are you married, doctor?” Eriel boldly asked.

“No, but I intend to be once the woman of my dreams finally gives in to our love,” Royal replied, sending a message to Eriel and Delia in that statement.

Delia blushed.

Eriel’s brows rose. “I see.” He smiled his approval of the love match. “Well, I wish you and her all the happiness in the world,” he concluded, bowing out gracefully before walking away to socialize with others.

“Now about that ride,” Royal continued after Eriel left them alone. “Will you take the man that safely delivered your last baby home? Or will you be ungrateful and make me call a taxi?” He gave her his most charming dimpled smile.

Though slightly irritated by his clever tactic, Delia was unable to restrain her smile. It was just so good seeing Royal again, dimples and all. So good hearing his voice again. So good smelling his spicy scent…again. Oh, how she missed this man.

“Since you put it that way, I guess I will be taking you home,” Delia finally replied, deliberately wiping the smile off her face, lest she give him the wrong kind of encouragement.

“Great.” Royal grinned knowingly.

I just hope Vanna doesn’t have a spy cam posted somewhere outside the man’s house, Delia mused, fully aware that she was taking quite a chance with this ride in more ways than one.

© 2008 by Suprina Frazier

Comments

Paula said…
When is Delia going to stop being a pushover?

She has got to take control over her life and stop letting people other than GOD dictate it.

Great post!
Suprina said…
Paula: That's a good point. I'll have to think more on this pushover thing. Because for a woman that will fight at the drop of a hat, she sure lets people get away with things.

It's interesting, because that's the exact thing Delia hates that her mother used to do/be - a pushover. I'll talk about that more on the VOD since that chapter is coming up soon.

Suprina

Popular Posts