Updates

Hey everybody!

I just wanted to give you all a few updates. Since my mind thinks in sequential order, I will number what I’ve been up to lately.

  1. I’m still looking for a film producer to turn Miss Opportunity into a movie. After some research, I now realize that I need an agent to even get my manuscript in the door, but much less on the right desk(s). Which means I’m now looking for an agent, too. Sheesh!
  2. I’ve pretty much abandoned the major book publisher quest for now since the current trend has shifted from publishing houses accepting 100K (word count) books to only 90K. They’re doing this in order to cut costs during this time of recession. If you recall, Miss Opportunity is at least 200K, so I will continue to sell that book myself until I get a movie deal. Keep that in your prayers.
  3. I have set up a website that solely features my westerns. It’s my way of drawing attention to this largely overlooked genre that I have written (there really were black folks in the Wild West, y’all. lol). I even reposted a long sample of my first western on the new site. Here’s the link to read it: http://www.freewebs.com/moreofsuprina/ Tell me what you think about the western-themed website.
  4. I changed my Suprina’s Word Pictures website into a site that will now feature my short stories. It’s my way of still offering my faithful readers free stories on occasion without it taking away from my other work, using up so much of my time, or cutting into my budget. Here’s the link to read the latest short story: http://suprina.wordpress.com/
  5. I’m still working on my Tripod, Sci-Fi (the look of it has already been changed), and Main Website.
  6. Last, but not least, I’ve worked on a few books that were near completion from my secret stash. I’m trying to get them closer to the ‘ready for sale’ state before I finish working on The Professor and Big Girls Won’t Cry.

Okay, I think that’s all for now. No, not quite. I want to personally THANK those who have continued to buy books from me even though I’m currently not featuring a book online or doing any advertising. I appreciate the support tremendously.

Much Luv and God bless.

Suprina

Comments

Popular Posts