Miss Opportunity - Ch. 8.4

“You must have fixed her or something,” Cami inquired, instantly drawing Royal’s attention her way. She’d heard from her father how Royal used to be Delia’s doctor and how he had actually delivered Tess.

“What are you talking about?” Royal replied curtly as he turned the faucet off. On his face was a frown.

“I’m talking about Dee’s sex problem,” Cami expounded. “I heard you two out in the hallway. As long as I’ve known my cousin, I ain’t never heard her purr when a man touched her. Not even with E-Blade. Which means you must have fixed Dee when she was your patient.”

“Cami, I really don’t think it’s any of your business what happened or happens between me and my wife.” Royal reached for a paper towel from the wooden rack nearby and proceeded to quickly dry his hands.

“It could be.” Cami ventured closer with open lust in her eyes, putting the solidarity of his marriage to the test. “I could show you how even freakier I am than my cousin.”

Royal downright scowled at Cami now. “First of all, I don’t want you,” he spat out, forgetting to keep his voice low in the heat of his anger. “Secondly, I am not E-Blade. There is no way I would cheat on my wife with you or any other woman,” he continued a bit lower after wisdom grabbed a hold of him. “Furthermore, what you need to do is find a life of your own and stop trying to steal Delia’s. Now go back in that den, have a seat, and act like you got some sense for a change.”

Cami’s face was as red as a beet by now. “I…I…” She struggled for words to say, but none came out. No man had ever rebuked her so soundly before. Nor so quickly.

“Get!” Royal barked gruffly.

Cami scattered with a mixture of fear and desire flowing through her veins. She liked a man that knew how to take charge when he had to. However, she was wise enough not to like this particular man anymore. At least not in a lustful way.

Royal Seeger just proved once and for all that he was not a cheater. That he was off limits to Cami and any other woman that wasn’t his wife. She couldn’t help but admire him for that.

If only that rebuke had been enough to make Cami change all of her ways. Sadly, it wasn’t.

© 2008 by Suprina Frazier

Comments

Popular Posts