I don't know about y'all, but my favorite scene in Pretty Packages was that scene when they were on the porch at the end of the book. Giada had just found out Kentucky was alive and she was pouring her heart out and matching it with corresponding actions to convince him to give her another chance.
Every time I read that scene (which I'm doing during the current editing process), I tear up. I mean, I actually want to bawl, y'all. I wonder if other authors are like that with their books. Or if it's just me being all super sen-si-tive. lol.
By the way, new inserts in Pretty Packages will connect Kentucky with Millsap (Cami's love interest in her new story). I've made the men cousins. Fabian is also connected to someone in Cami's story (Miss Opportunity), but you'll have to wait until that book comes out to see who he's related to.
Updates on Miss Opportunity:
1. The bare bones of the story is written. It is awaiting fleshing out online LIVE!
2. It's longer than Aisha or Delia's stories.
3. It might even be better than their stories, but you'll have to judge for yourself in October.
4. It's grittier than its precedessors. Plus I had to do more reforming of both main characters. As y'all know, Cami is a major trip and Millsap got a hard heart about a few things. The fact that he can't stand gold-diggers made it extremely hard to hook those two up. But I found a way to do it. As a result, their whole relationships is explosive and downright gutter at times (lol. Keep in mind that this is one of my urban books, which includes colorful slang and all).
5. I almost turned Cami's book into a Secular book because of some of the sensitive topics I touch on, but decided to keep it in the Inspirational line. You'll see why in October. Hint: Some bonafide miraculous stuff happens in the story.
I think that's all about Cami's book for now. Stay tuned for more in October!
Back to Pretty Packages, I'm going to finish editing it, upload the finished book to Lulu.com and increase the price. So for those who want to read the story at the low-low, you need to do it by Friday, but the price will be higher once all the line edits are done.
PS. What's your favorite scene in Pretty Packages? Or any of my books?