Things you wanted to know and a little bit more

Since we have so many new readers to this blog, I thought I’d do an info drop post to address a few questions and let you know how I operate.

  1. I’m a night owl. Meaning, I function at my best at night. I didn’t plan it that way, but it kinda just evolved into that over the years. As it stands, I work at night, go to school at night, clean up my house at night, and post to my blog(s) at night. So for my international readers, you’ll get to see new posts first. For my stateside readers, the posts will be waiting for you in the morning.
  2. I try to make at least 2 posts a day (EVERY day). Sometimes I post more than 2 times daily, depending on my muse and my schedule. I'm a reader at heart, so I know how it feels to be anxious to know what's going to happen next.
  3. Thanks to inquiries from Sylvia and Jr. Boss, I’ve added a better feed to this site (check the lower right side of this blog – right before the counter stats icon). Now you can get the new posts sent directly to your email (I hope). Let me know if y’all have any problem with the new subscription service and I’ll look into it.
  4. I have something called a V-O-D blog. Think of it as a literary form of Cable’s PPV and In-Demand services. Simply put, my VOD (View-on-Demand) is a private blog with an attached one-time access fee of $4.00. This enables readers to go in and out of that blog at will for the duration of the story being featured. You get a complimentary E-Book of the featured story at the end. Readers can pay for access to the VOD now or later when the story switches over.
  5. Since I am a night owl, I normally sleep during the day hours unless I have tax clients to assist or other appointments. Which means I don’t usually get to my blogs, emails, book orders, etc…until late afternoon. So if you placed a book order at 9am, it might not be filled until 5pm since I won’t know it’s there until then.

On a more personal note:

  1. I’m married to my high school sweetheart. Sometimes he might act crazier than a roach, but I love me some him just the same. Lol.
  2. I have 2 kids. Except they’re not kids anymore. My son is 22, daughter is 20. My baby girl in particular stays on my prayer list since she tends to act prodigal more often than my son. Lol. I’m laughing through the pain, y’all. For real.
  3. I do a lot of self-publishing due to the type of books I write. Big publishing houses don't seem to know what to do with inspirational stories that don’t shy away from the subject of sex, features multi-cultural characters, and often have urban themes. Lol. My readers don’t seem to mind those things about my stories. They don't seem to mind me thinking and writing outside the box.
  4. I’m loyal...sometimes to a fault. I’m that girl that will pray with you when you need it, cry with you when you need it, and help you key your cheating man’s car when you need it. Lol. Okay, scratch that last thing. I’m saved now, so I don’t do that kind of stuff anymore. But I will write you in jail and put some money on your books if you key your man’s car and get caught. Lol. For my writer friends, I’m that girl that will not only visit your blog and leave a comment, but will also buy a book from you and write up a review.
  5. Since it’s obvious by now that your girl has some ghetto in her (born and raised in the projects), I guess I should tell you that a sista didn’t allow herself to be confined there. In my 40 years I have rubbed elbows with a few celebrities, dignitaries, politicians, and people with more degrees than I can name. My favorite dignitary of all was Coretta Scott King. She was really down-to-earth when I met her (despite her social status and place in history) and inspired me to remain humble as I rise through the ranks, too.
  6. Last, but not least, I love me some Jesus! How can I not love Him? During that 10-year sickness I endured, it was Him that kept me calm, Him that kept me comforted (when others had long since stopped calling or coming by for visits) and it was Him that stirred this writing gift within me at a time that I needed it the most.

Okay, I’m going to stop now before I get too sentimental. I’ll be back with more of the story in the next hour or so.

Toodles!

Suprina

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hun, you are definitely 1 of a kind... and everything u wrote about on a personal note is so true about you! Thanks for being YOU!
Suprina said…
Kim: Thanks for the luv, girl.

Suprina

Popular Posts