Letter to Readers

As many of you have already ascertained, Up From Sorrow is loosely based on the biblical book of Ruth. I love the tale of Ruth and Boaz and I really enjoyed giving their story a modern feel. I did this not to negate or lessen the impact of the original account, but to explore how things might have played out if some of those same situations had happened to someone in today’s society.

I hope that you found Van and Kristin’s story not only entertaining, but informative as well. I also pray that you will open up your Bible and study the original story from which I gathered such inspiration. It’s quite a tale. Until you hear from me again, God bless.

© 2007 by Suprina Frazier



I look forward to your comments and thoughts about this story as a whole.



**See Van and Kristin again in her sister Kambria’s story (Full Circle)**



Reader comments from deleted posts:

kris said...

i really liked how this story tied into one of my favorite stories in the old testement, Ruth. not everybody has the kind of writing talent you have, nor the discipline to write at least two chapters a day. i've tried to write my own story quite a few times and all three of them have been left unfinished.

Suprina said...

Kris: I wish I could take credit for writing 2 chapters a day, but the truth is that doesn't always happen. Plus, this book was written so long ago (3 years ago I think)that I don't remember how long it took me to write it.

As for writing your own story, just keep plodding away at it, Kris. You'll get it done eventually. After all, you're not in a race with anyone, so why the rush?

Here's a tip in case you need a little bit more writing incentive: Why not start a story blog of your own? This way, your readers will help you stay motivated to finish it.

Thanks again for your compliment(s) and for being such a faithful reader.

Suprina

PS: Don't forget to let me know when you start that blog. I LOVE reading other authors' work.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved that story. I'm ashamed to say, but I haven't read the book of Ruth. Because of this tory, I'm going to make that a priority. Thanks for the excellent read.
Marlene

Suprina said...

Marlene: Knowing that my humble little story prompted you to go read your Bible makes me so happy!

Suprina

kris said...

i don't think that i need to repeat what a great writer you are. gerard did seem like the kind of person to cut his losses and try 'consoling' claudia (not that claudia would get that sidetracked). anyway i have a little question, what does Lables: Sample mean?

Suprina said...

Kris: Thanks for saying it again. You know, the 'great writer' thing. (smile)

Labels 'Sample' is simply a way for the new blogger software to categorize a certain post. I imagine if you were to put 'Sample' into the blogger search option on my blog, you would get all instances where I posted reader samples of books.

Suprina

P.S. The story ain't over yet. There's about 4 (I think)more posts to go.


Comments

Popular Posts